One hour classes, twice a week in a comfortable environment. We understand and adapt to the needs of individuals living with chronic kidney disease.
Everyone has to start somewhere; this could be your start to feeling better!
- Offered twice a week, 1 hour class, ongoing
- Taught by a certified kinesiologist
- The instructor is aware of all the different types of dialysis accesses (PD catheter, fistula, grafts, and central lines).
- Personalized and adapted to individuals living with chronic kidney disease
- To bring individuals together that share similar experiences and to motivate each other in a positive and comfortable environment
- Open to family members and friends of dialysis patients as well as to the general population for the cost of $130 per person.
- Covered by Alive to Strive Kidney Fitness Project for individuals living with chronic kidney disease (living with less than 30% kidney function). Individual must be followed by the Ottawa Hospital or living within the Champlain LHIN boundaries. Individuals must submit an Active Living Grant Application, but a letter from a renal social worker is NOT required.
McNabb Recreational Center – 180 Percy, Ottawa
Offered by Ottawa Osteopathy and Sport Therapy
To Register, call 613-521-3222
Free parking, wheelchair and OC transpo accessible (#14, #4, and a little further, #2 and #101), and familiar to Para Transpo.
From August 15th to December 21st, classes will take place from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fitness Room.