Beyond the numbers, the 2012 Alive to Strive Race was definitely a success.
The morning started off cold and windy, but the sun stayed with us making for great running weather. Despite a few blips, energy stayed high throughout the day and we were so happy to see that most local media stopped by to check things out.
I really hope you all got to enjoy the tasty stew and the free Booster Juice samples or unwind with free physio therapy and massages from Professional Physiotherapy. Also, big thanks to Sidney the Kidney, the Ottawa U Nursing Health Check station, the Kidney Foundation of Canada, GoodLife Fitness and Gloucester Centre Chiropractic and Massage Therapy for bringing some other great stuff to our athletes’ village.
Click here for a full list of WINNERS!
Full Race Results Below
Alive to Strive Race 2012 Summary
- 472 – Number of participants
- 200 (almost) – Number of volunteers
- $4,000 – Money raised for the Kidney Foundation of Canada, the Canadian Diabetes Association and the Kidney Research Centre
- $14,500 – Money raised for the Alive to Strive Kidney Fitness Project
- 30:37:05 – Time of 10 km winner Joshua Karanja